JOB TITLE: Communications and Development Officer
LOCATION: Cebu City, Philippines
REPORTS TO: The Executive Director
REPLY BY: April 20, 2017
Founded in 1998, the Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation (CCEF) (www.coast.ph) is a non-government organization dedicated to coastal resource management (CRM), with focus on the management of coral reefs and other coastal and marine ecosystems through establishments of marine protected areas (MPAs), research and monitoring for informed decision-making, capacity and constituency building through training and education, public-private partnerships, and community organization and development. Our current work focuses on cutting-edge science in the rehabilitation of coastal and marine habitats such as coral reefs, seagrass beds, mangrove and beach forests to enhance fish recovery, alleviate poverty, empower communities and increase resiliency from an ecological and disaster prevention perspective. We are currently developing our communication and fundraising systems and strategies and are looking for a competent and driven individual to help us ensure our long-term sustainability. The Communication and Development Officer will work with the board, senior management, research and development staff to support fundraising and other aspects of resource development and various communication needs.
• Develop and execute communication and fundraising strategy and plan to improve on organizational visibility, raise awareness and funds to support the organization's vision, mission and goals;
• Manage CCEF’s internal communications framework and schedule of activities such as but not limited to organizational announcements, internal publications and project communications;
• Raise funds, secure commitments of monetary donations or other gifts to support CCEF’s core work and/or unfunded needs; develop online fundraising strategies, campaigns and/or calls to action;
• Manage CCEF’s online presence (to include website, various social media platforms, as applicable), oversee visuals and content, leading research and populating with relevant content, and web-based fundraising activities, campaigns and calls to action;
• Design and produce a regular newsletter, annual reports, and other fundraising and marketing materials (such as brochures, press releases, blogs, and/or web articles) to promote organizational activities or events, market or advertise fundraising events;
• Manage donor communications and administration activities; cultivate and grow donor base, supporters and advocates;
• Work with program staff, create program budgets for proposals and applications;
• Monitor, analyse and report status and progress of fundraising drives and constituent mobilization campaigns (to include budgets, expense reports, or other financial data), use metrics to track performance and progress.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and at least 3 -5 years of work experience in the areas of communications, advertising, public relations, or marketing;
• Advanced proficiency in the use and application of the English language; extremely strong communication (written, verbal) and presentation skills; demonstrated experience in using research and analytics to drive planning and messaging; and impact evaluation of communication intervention.
• Demonstrated experience or involvement in both non-profit advocacy and fundraising activities or campaigns;
• Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use good judgment, take initiative and make recommendations in resolving problems and provide guidance to other staff members
• Key skills: interpersonal, written and verbal communications, writing and proofreading skills, organizational skills, spreadsheet and word processing software, multimedia software, databases and other relevant IT applications; graphic design best practices and principles for both print and web projects;
Please email your CV and relevant supporting documents, a cover letter with salary requirements and three (3) references with contact details on or before April 22, 2017 to Ms. Bernadetta L. Lasula, Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation, Inc., at this email address: email@example.com (please cc: firstname.lastname@example.org); Telefax: +63 (32) 233-6909. Only short-listed candidates will be called back for an interview.