JOB TITLE: Development Director
LOCATION: Cebu City, Philippines
REPORTS TO: The Executive Director
REPLY BY: ASAP
Founded in 1998, the Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation (CCEF) (www.coast.ph) is a non-government organization dedicated to coastal resource management (CRM), with focus on the management of coral reefs and other coastal and marine ecosystems through establishments of marine protected areas (MPAs), research and monitoring for informed decision-making, capacity and constituency building through training and education, public-private partnerships, and community organization and development. Our current work focuses on cutting-edge science in the rehabilitation of coastal and marine habitats such as coral reefs, seagrass beds, mangrove and beach forests to enhance fish recovery, alleviate poverty, empower communities and increase resiliency from an ecological and disaster prevention perspective. As a NGO, CCEF is currently developing strategies to strengthen organizational capacity in resource mobilization and fundraising; we are looking for a competent and driven individual to help us ensure our long-term sustainability. The Development Director will collaborate with CCEF Board Members and the Executive Director to create and implement a strategic approach to resource mobilization and fundraising and to build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
1. Plan development activities: Create and implement a fund development plan, in accordance with ethical fundraising principles, that details how the organization solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as but not limited to major gifts, corporate donations, in-kind resources; Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
2. Organize development activities: Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner. Prepare and submit grant applications; oversee planning and execution of special fundraising events or marketing opportunities; identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities; coordinate in-kind donations and issuance of receipts; manage and improve donor relations; cultivate and grow donor base, supporters and advocates; oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database; engage volunteers for special fund development projects using established volunteer management practices;
3. Manage development budget: Develop and gain approval from Board for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program. Monitor, analyse and report status and progress of fundraising drives and constituent mobilization campaigns (to include budgets, expense reports, or other financial data), use metrics to track performance and progress.
4. Public Relations: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally. Oversee the creation of marketing materials, and social media and advertising campaigns as part of a public relations strategy. Also responsible for branding - focus on a strategy that expands the target audience through community relations, speaking engagements, newsletters and charitable events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university in business, marketing or nonprofit leadership (MPA/MBA degree preferred) and at least 5-7 years of fund raising experience, knowledge of legislation affecting nonprofits/charities, special events planning and management. Other experience includes, but is not limited to, public relations, prospecting, business development and negotiation, management of volunteer resources
• Advanced proficiency in the use and application of the English language; extremely strong communication and presentation skills; ability to interact at the executive level; demonstrated experience in using research and analytics to drive planning and messaging; and impact evaluation of development plans, activities and/or interventions.
• Demonstrated experience or involvement in both non-profit advocacy, resource mobilization, fundraising activities or campaigns, and/or donor management;
• Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use good judgment, take initiative and make recommendations in resolving problems and provide guidance to other staff members; make timely decisions; take initiative and resolve problems in the best interest of the organization; creative and innovative yet organized and disciplined; fosters teamwork; positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
• Key skills: interpersonal, written and verbal communications, writing and proofreading skills, organizational skills, spreadsheet and word processing software, multimedia software, databases and other relevant IT applications and fund raising software,
Please email your CV and relevant supporting documents, a cover letter with salary requirements and three (3) references with contact details to Ms. Bernadetta L. Lasula, Admin/HR Officer, Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation, Inc., at this email address: email@example.com (please cc: firstname.lastname@example.org) Only short-listed candidates will be called back for an interview.