JOB TITLE: IT Intern/On-the-job Trainee
LOCATION: Cebu City, Philippines
REPORTS TO: IT & Database Admin
Founded in 1998, the Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation (CCEF) (www.coast.ph) is a non-government organization dedicated to coastal resource management (CRM). The CRM activities focus on the management of coral reefs and other coastal and marine ecosystems through establishments of marine protected areas (MPAs), research and monitoring for informed decision-making, capacity and constituency building for conservation and management through training and education, public-private partnerships, and community organization and development.
• Assist with the technological needs of the organization by providing Level 1 I.T. technical support.
• Software testing, installation, troubleshooting, updating and maintenance.
• Assist in reviewing the organization's existing IT systems.
• Provide software recommendations and/or assist in developing basic applications needed by the organization.
• Assist with on-going cataloging of publications and materials at the A. White Library.
• Digitize archival materials and provide online access to those materials.
• Other clerical and administrative support to management as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current undergraduate or graduate student in Information Technology, Information Systems, or Computer Science/Engineering and related fields
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Adaptive and flexible. Willing to learn new skills quickly.
• Proficiency in software applications such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of EndNote preferred;
• Basic proficiency in the use and application of the English language; proven ability to communicate in a clear, effective and concise manner;
• Positive and progressive outlook; willing to learn and eager to work to agreed targets. Disciplined and organized in executing assignments and plans.
Please submit applications to Ms. Pablita T. Huerbana (firstname.lastname@example.org) and AJ Lozada (email@example.com). Applications should include: a short cover letter and an updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be called back for an interview.