JOB TITLE: Marketing and Resource Generation Officer
LOCATION: Cebu City, Philippines
REPORTS TO: The Executive Director
REPLY BY: ASAP
Founded in 1998, the Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation (CCEF) (www.coast.ph) is a non-government organization dedicated to coastal resource management (CRM), with focus on the management of coral reefs and other coastal and marine ecosystems through establishments of marine protected areas (MPAs), research and monitoring for informed decision-making, capacity and constituency building through training and education, public-private partnerships, and community organization and development. Our current work focuses on cutting-edge science in the rehabilitation of coastal and marine habitats such as coral reefs, seagrass beds, mangrove and beach forests to enhance fish recovery, alleviate poverty, empower communities and increase resiliency from an ecological and disaster prevention perspective. As a NGO, CCEF is currently developing strategies to strengthen organizational capacity in resource generation and resource mobilization; we are looking for a competent and driven individual to help us ensure our long-term sustainability.
1. Develop and implement a Marketing Strategy and Resource Mobilization Plan that covers:
2. Marketing the image of CCEF in the Philippines and abroad to improve on organizational visibility; raising awareness on the organization's work, goals and financial needs;
3. Exploring new and alternative strategies or sources to encourage new or increased funding and/or contributions;
4. Developing and marketing new business opportunities to support CCEF programs and projects (e.g., education/training program; MPA tourism/voluntourism packages);
5. Developing and managing marketing and resource mobilization budget and use metrics to track performance and progress;
6. Managing statutory reporting requirements and maintaining good liaison with institutional development partners and donors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, and other business-related courses (MPA/MBA degree preferred); at least 3-5 years of fund raising experience, project and/or business planning, development and negotiation, community development work; social enterprise development, marketing and advocacy;
• Knowledge of legislation affecting non-profits/charities/non-government organizations; demonstrated experience in non-profit advocacy, resource mobilization, fundraising activities or campaigns, donor management;
Experience in conducting various livelihood and educational orientations, trainings, workshops and seminars from grass roots level to LGUs, NGAs, and other organizations (POs, NGOs); background on multi-stake tourism programs (advertising, tour guiding, etc.);
• Demonstrated experience in using research and analytics to drive planning and messaging; and impact evaluation of development plans, activities and/or interventions.
• Ability to use good judgment, make timely decisions; creative and innovative yet organized and disciplined; team player and a positive influence to others;
• Key skills: interpersonal, written and verbal communications, writing and proofreading skills, organizational skills, analytical and critical thinking skills; spreadsheet and word processing software, multimedia software, database management, and other relevant IT applications and fund raising software; networking ability with international, national, and local organizations.
Please email your CV and relevant supporting documents, a cover letter with salary requirements and three (3) references with contact details to Ms. Bernadetta L. Lasula, Admin/HR Officer, Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation, Inc., at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (please cc: email@example.com) Only short-listed candidates will be called back for an interview.