The management and sustainable use of Philippine coastal resources through active leadership and participation of coastal communities and stakeholders.
- To promote and undertake community, local-government and private sector based coastal resource management approaches in specific coastal areas.
- To promote and build leadership capacity for improved coastal resource management through training and learning by doing.
- To conduct research on coastal environment, socio-economic systems and governance of coastal resources and areas to promote improved awareness and knowledge for effective coastal resource management.
- To provide an information base on coastal environment and its governance that is easily accessible and provides guidance for improved coastal management.
- Conservation, Protection & Sustainable Management of the Coastal and Marine Environment.
- Build Leadership for improved coastal resource management through education, information and learning.