JOB TITLE: Intern/On-the-job Trainee
LOCATION: Cebu City, Philippines
REPORTS TO: Accountant
Founded in 1998, the Coastal Conservation and Education Foundation (CCEF) (www.coast.ph) is a non-government organization dedicated to coastal resource management (CRM). The CRM activities focus on the management of coral reefs and other coastal and marine ecosystems through establishments of marine protected areas (MPAs), research and monitoring for informed decision-making, capacity and constituency building for conservation and management through training and education, public-private partnerships, and community organization and development.
CCEF accepts interns in different aspects and fields including administration and accounting. In line with this, we are looking for a knowledgeable, responsible, trustworthy, and dedicated individual to assist the Foundation in recording, preparing and journalizing receipts and disbursements, filing, inventory, and other related functions.
• Bookkeeping and financial analysis.
• Assist with on-going cataloging of accounting files.
• Other clerical and administrative support to management as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current undergraduate of BS Accounting, Management Accounting, or Accounting Technology, or other similar fields.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in software applications such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Basic proficiency in the use and application of the English language; proven ability to communicate in a clear, effective and concise manner;
• Positive and progressive outlook; willing to learn and eager to work to agreed targets. Disciplined and organized in executing assignments and plans.
Please submit applications to Ms. Mariza Calumpang (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications should include: a short cover letter and an updated CV. Only short-listed candidates will be called back for an interview.